Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas is an association of business, education, work, government, and organizations of the community dedicated to provide services to individuals to prepare them to take advantage of the opportunities of work and career and to provide business with a qualified workforce.
Our mission at Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas is to provide solutions for quality workforce development. To carry out this mission,Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas is guided by the following principles:
- Offer services to the diverse needs of the jobseekers and employers
- Treat people with interest, dignity, respect, and courtesy
- Require people to share responsibility of the results
We serve the following 12 counties:
- Employer Relationships. Foster relationships with employers to build loyalty and increase their utilization of workforce services.
- Education Integration. Enhance alignment among career and technical education in 8th - 12th grades, post-secondary education and industry to provide the workforce area with a pipeline of quality future workers skilled in areas that match the requirements of the region's employers.
- Child Care Early Learning (Quality Education). Create and strengthen the foundation of early childhood education that will support a child's continuation into post-secondary education and then into the workforce. Include parents in all aspects of learning and development in order to allow the education to continue in the home.
- Strengthening Community Partnerships. Strengthen partnerships with economic development corporations, chambers of commerce and other business and community organizations to promote the region's economic prosperity by increasing the skills levels and earning power of the region's workforce.
- Performance Accountability. Meet or exceed all the measures set forth by the Texas Workforce Commission.