Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas supports training for some of the region's high-skill, high-demand occupations. If you're interested in pursuing training, Workforce Solutions Talent Acquisition Specialists can help you determine what you want to study, how to pay for it and where you might go for assistance.
Whether you are preparing for, applying to, or wondering how to pay for or get through college, an excellent source of information is CollegeForAllTexans.com.
More information at Federal Student Aid Resources.
Adult Education and Literacy
Angelina College Adult Education offers free GED and English-as-a-Second Language classes in 12 counties across Deep East Texas. Eligible participants can also receive a scholarship for a training class such as CDL, Medical Assistant, or Nurse Aide, to name a few.
The program serves adults who are at least 16 years old and/or are beyond the compulsory school attendance age, and meet any of the following criteria:
- Function below the high school level
- Lack a high school credential
- Are unable to speak, read or write in English
For more information please call 936-633-4525 or email email@example.com
Online Learning Resources
Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas offers free online tools to provide individuals looking for work with learning opportunities that are accessible anywhere, anytime. Classes are self-paced and can lead to professional certificates and/or industry-recognized credentials. Texas Workforce Commission partners with Metrix to extend these opportunities to our customers.
Metrix Online Learning Platform
Texas Workforce Commission has partnered with Metrix Learning to help Texas residents brush up on skills to prepare for better employment opportunities. The Metrix online learning platform provides Texans free online job readiness courses.
The Metrix online learning platform provides unlimited access to more than 5,000 Skillsoft courses used by many Fortune 500 companies. Courses are broken into 30- to 60-minute modules and are presented in English and Spanish. Courses include:
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office; Adobe; Quick Books
- Analytical Skills; Data Management/Reporting
- Time Management; Leadership Skills
- Health & Safety; First Aid
- And many more skill tracks.
You can sign up for Metrix using your WorkInTexas.com account by following these steps:
- Log in to WorkInTexas.com.
- In the Directory of Services, click “Education Services” and “Online Learning Resources”.
- Click the blue Metrix Learning logo.
- Click the “Register here” link to automatically create your Metrix account and go to the Metrix site.
If you do not have a WorkInTexas.com account, you can sign up through the Metrix Portal at https://tx.metrixlearning.com/
Metrix Customer Support
If you are having trouble accessing the Metrix online learning platform, contact Metrix Learning customer support directly:
- Email Support@MetrixLearning.com
- Call (518) 462-1780 (toll free 1-844-691-1780), Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
How to Access Health Care and Manufacturing Courses in Metrix
Metrix Learning offers specialized content including:
- 1,000+ courses in health care topics such as billing and coding, HIPAA, home health aide, and CNA
- 700+ courses in manufacturing topics such as math, blueprint reading, electrical, and green energy.
To access this content, please contact your local workforce solutions office to request a specialized health care or manufacturing license in Metrix. To find the local workforce office nearest you, visit our Workforce Solutions Directory. You can also email your request to TWC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE Access to Online Training Series
Take the 5 Minute Countdown! - Take 5 minutes to invest in your career with the free online training courses available to you at home or on the go. Courses include topics for career seekers, mid-level employees, managers, supervisors, and community leaders!
How to get started:
Step 1: Visit this Welcome! page
Step 2: Insert the Registration code WSDET and click on Register
Step 3: Complete the required fields
Step 4: Check your email to verify your account. Check Clutter, Junk and Spam!
Step 5: Go to “My Courses” and “Launch” your 5-Minute Countdown Series.
Step 6: Enjoy over 100 Micro Lessons!