Info for Providers:
- Licensing information www.dfps.state.tx.us
- Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas Child Care Provider Manual
- Detailed provider program information on the TWC Website
- Provider Training
For additional information on becoming a Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas Child Care Provider, email Provider Services at email@example.com or call 1-800-256-1030
Becoming a Texas Rising Star Provider
Becoming a Texas Rising Star provider is a certification process for improving the quality of child care services. A Texas Rising Star Provider is a child care provider that has an agreement with the Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas Child Care Services (CCS) to serve families receiving CCS assistance and that voluntarily meets requirements that exceed the State's Minimum Licensing Standards for child care facilities. The Texas Rising Star Provider certification system provides graduated levels of certification as providers meet progressively higher certification requirements.
Certification as a Texas Rising Star Provider is available to Licensed Center, Licensed Child Care Home, and Registered Child Care Home providers who meet the certification criteria. The process improves the quality of child care provided, not only to CCS-subsidized children, but to all children enrolled in certified facilities.
The benefits to being a Texas Rising Star Provider include:
- TRS providers offer a higher quality of care, which benefits children and families and may ultimately promote their program
- Child Protective Services (CPS) requires that CPS children be placed only with TRS providers
- TRS providers may have access to additional training
- TRS providers are eligible for higher reimbursement rates from CCS
Contact us for more information about the TRS program, or to apply to be a TRS provider.
Quality Child Care Indicators
Texas Government Code §2308.3171 defines a “quality child care indicator” as any appropriate indicator of quality services, including if the provider is:
- A Texas Rising Star (TRS) certified provider
- Accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting organization approved by the Texas Workforce Commission
- Kindergarten Readiness System certified
- Participating in the Texas School Ready! Project
For additional information on becoming a Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas Texas Rising Star Provider, email Provider Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-256-1030.